The Greater New Liberty Church was organized in October, 1959 by two gospel groups - The Christian Travelers and the Margarette Singers. While traveling and singing, John King (he later became a deacon) member suggested that a church be organized and James Fuller became the founder and Pastor of the Greater New Liberty Missionary Baptist Church (1959-1969). At that time the congregation was approximately fifteen to twenty members and services were held at the home of Reverend & Sister Fuller located at 1225 Latham Street.

In 1969, Pastor James L. Clark, Sr. was elected Pastor (1969 - 1995). The membership at that time was approximately seventy-five. During Reverend Clark's leadership the congregation grew to the maximum seating capacity of 150 - 200 people. The membership decreased as Pastor Clark's health began to decline. It was placed on the heart of Pastor Clark to begin the search for a Pastor to join him in ministering the Word of God.

Dr. Darrell K. Shack, Sr. was chosen from Corinthian Missionary Baptist Church to assist Pastor Clark with the services of Greater New Liberty. In August, 1995, Reverend Darrell K. Shack, Sr. was elected Pastor ofThe Greater New Liberty Missionary Baptist Church. At the time of Pastor Shack’s installation the congregation consisted of twenty-five faithful members. There was a rapid increase in members and a new sanctuary was built to accommodate the growth in May 2000, with a seating capacity of a little over 500. There are now four-thousand Disciples of Christ under the leadership of Pastor Shack.

We now have several active ministries that are serving with a spirit of excellence. Trust God And Never Doubt (T.G.A.N.D.) Outreach Ministries, T.G.A.N.D. Apparel and T.G.A.N.D. Tours were born out of Greater New Liberty. The Greater New Liberty body of Christ continues to grow and additional services were added to accommodate the overflow of disciples. After 56 years of listening, trusting and obeying the Word of God; God has blessed us with a new location. We praise and thank God for the birth of Greater New Liberty and the continued growth. In the spring of 2015, we look forward to our move to the Whitehaven area located at 250 East Raines Road. Trust God And Never Doubt!!

 

 

WORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES

SUNDAY
Christian Education - 8:30AM
New Disciple’s Class - 8:30AM
Morning Worship - 10:00AM

WEDNESDAY
Minister’s Meeting - 5:00PM
Bible Study - 6:30PM